JSK Diary

My cellphone picture blog. All pictures are taken around my home in Port Elizabeth or where I am travelling around South Africa.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Plans? What plans?

It is about a year since work started to rebuild the bridge and intersection between Kragga Kamma Road and Circular Drive. I have a bad feeling about this development - it cannot be correct. I wrote about it in this blog nearly 5 months ago, saying that the construction work was so strange that it could be the much-promised pebble bed reactor. But since then progress has been somewhat retrogressive. The structures that were fabricated have disappeared. New concrete structures have been cast, but they appear to be for no practical purpose. I now suspect that the site is a manufacturing facility for large prefabricated concrete parts that are being carted off to some other building project. Here are photos of the West and East sides of the temporary bridge.


Compare these photos against the ones I took in May, There is change but, apart from a retaining wall(?) running South-West along Kragga Kamma Road, nothing useful appears to have been done. In fact the East side (the lower picture) shows more destruction than construction. I wonder if it will be fixed before the 2010 Soccer World Cup.

I also wonder if we ratepayers are being taken for a ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home