JSK Diary

My cellphone picture blog. All pictures are taken around my home in Port Elizabeth or where I am travelling around South Africa.

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Valley Sweep


The Beverley Grove Crime Forum spent an hour walking through the valley. They found a disgusting amount of garbage and came back with five black bags full - and the dogs collected a few ticks. Other than that, it was a very pleasant exercise. I was amazed that most residents of Beverley Grove have never explored this nature trail in our 'back yard'. Some are scared of being mugged - an unwarranted fear in my opinion, because in the 30 years that I have been visiting the valley I have never felt unsafe. But someone should ask a school to organise a valley cleanup and put up a few 'Keep our valley clean' signs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home