JSK Diary

My cellphone picture blog. All pictures are taken around my home in Port Elizabeth or where I am travelling around South Africa.

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Money Talk


Today I attended a talk by Ciaran Ryan, a freelance business writer for a number of South Africa's top financial publications, and author of a number of books, including McGregor’s Dictionary of Stock Exchange Terms. The talk was about trends in the economy, what is happening now, and what to expect over the foreseeable future.
I now consider myself an expert! And I can see how strong the Rand really is. The current weakness is artificially caused by panic withdrawals of investments by countries that really do have problems. Now is a good time to exchange your foreign currency (or withdraw foreign cash investments) and for foreigners to buy Rands. Expect the inflation rate to drop sharply and for everything else to also improve over the next few months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home